Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Realization in Nepal and it is the turning point of my Photographic Career as i Beleive


It was my very first visit to Nepal. I had a plan to go there with my beloved and that will after my marriage. Probal Rashid-My inspiration in photography was shouted u r becoming ROBOT by working for BBC World Service Trust. i invented it's true we r detaching each other because of heavy work pressure. So i decided I'll go somewhere outside Bangladesh for couple of days. in 2009 we planned to visit India but that was not possible then because of some problem. So We planned for go to Kathmandu and Pokhara.

September 10, 2010 Friday we confirmed our air ticket. It was Probal Bhai's First visit outside of Bangladesh and Second time plane ride experience. i was also very first time tourist for Nepal. anyway we reached Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu in 10th September,2010 at 6:55. Managing Director of our guest house Mr. Manjit Thapa was very helpful when he knew we r photographer then he started to give us brief lecture on Nepal's Sight seeing he told us to visit Pashupatinath Temple on the occasion of TEEJ Festival. We are very lucky that Teej Festival was on 11th September 2010. we went there and walked whole day long in Pashupatinath Temple and neighborhood. Really it's a colorful festival where Nepalese Hindu Women are dancing whole day with fasting for better health and wealth of their husband. the used to wear Red dresses mostly Shari with golden Combination of ornaments. We enjoyed lot.

Probal always trying to do Documentary photowork rather than pass good time and relax and sometime i've to follow him (though he is very good with me when i shouted not to take photos and taking rest). We watched 2 of our elder photographers work during our study in Photographic School on Pashupatinath Old Home. I'm always less interested to take Photographs than chat with people and in Nepal my advantage was I'm quite fluent in Hindi by watching Hindi Movies. We went at Pashupatinath Briddhashram and started to observing people and i found they ar so cordial and say "NAMASTE" very simply. We started to taking Photographs most of the old people are ready to give a pose to take photographs and some are hiding themself. basically i avoide those people are not interested to come in front of camera but normally I go to very close to them and try to talk with them and as usual i did that there. i took lots of picture and came back to my Guest house.

in my second day i went there and can't take any photographs because i was realizing then before being a good photographer I've to be a good human being as well as good son of my parents. I realized that by watching some of Volunteer and Mothers of Charity Sister's work i was standing in a corner and wiping my tears. i was really feeling bad which i never felt earlier. one of MC Sister Maria Pushpam Come to me and Asked why i was standing like statue am i all right or not. i told my realization to sister and she replied -"u have not to be sister or father to serve people you can help them from your own positions and profession."

i came back to guest house and watched my photographs which i took whole day.....then I decided I'll pass my whole time with these old people rather than to go Pokhara.

No comments: